World’s Leading Experts In Treating Hair Loss Share Latest Techniques And Trends At Premier Educational Gathering
ISHRS hosts 26th World Congress in Hollywood, Calif., Oct. 10-14, 2018
GENEVA, IL. – September 11, 2018. With the theme “When Award Winning Hair Transplant Surgeons Meet”, the 26th World Congress of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) will boast true star power with an exceptional lineup of international speakers and educational offerings in the ever-expanding field of hair transplant surgery.
This four-day conference will be held October 10-14, 2018, at Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, Calif., USA, and is expected to draw nearly 1,000 physicians and their surgical
assistants seeking to expand their knowledge of the latest medical and surgical hair restoration therapies.
“At a time when interest in hair restoration surgery is at an all-time high, it is more important than ever for physicians to participate in practice-oriented, scientifically-based educational activities such as those offered by the ISHRS,” said Parsa Mohebi, MD, FISHRS (Encino, Ca-lif.), program chair of the 2018 ISHRS World Congress. “The ISHRS conference is
designed to be an interactive educational experience, with hands-on courses, workshops and sessions offering ample opportunity for skills-based training and spirited discussion.”
While the program includes internationally recognized keynote speakers including Mario E. Lacouture, MD (USA), Antonella Tosti, MD (USA), Apostolos Pappas, PhD (Switzerland), Carolyn Goh, MD (USA), and Cheng-Ming Chuong, MD, PhD (USA), the sessions and workshops will cover an array of topics ranging from new diagnostic approaches to research in hair biology that is paving the way for a greater understanding of why hair loss occurs.
A sampling of the hot topics to be presented at the ISHRS World Congress includes:
• Innovations in Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) with distinguished faculty reviewing novel aspects of this widely used surgical procedure, including the latest research and studies regarding graft survival and the advantages of using specific techniques and instruments.
• Body Hair Transplantation continues to gain momentum around the world, with eyebrow and facial hair transplants trending. A diverse panel of experts will present the latest techniques and unique concepts for non-scalp transplants, including a review of eyelash transplants and using beard and body hair as an important donor source.
• Hair Follicle Physiology and Growth Factors present a better understanding of the molecular biology of the skin and hair follicle in relation to not only hair loss, but other medical conditions as well. Highlights include how follicular grafts on a thermal burn injury promoted rapid healing with unexpected hair growth patterns, as well as preliminary
observations of hair transplants for the treatment of psoriasis, a chronic skin disease.
• Chemotherapy Induced Alopecia and Female Pattern Hair Loss will be addressed by a diverse panel of experts, including assessing the best treatment options for the growing number of people experiencing these types of hair loss. In addition, combining non-surgical therapies with hair restoration for treating female pattern hair loss will be present-ed.
• Popular Non-Surgical Adjunctive Treatments will be reviewed with updates on their short- and long-term effects, including photobiomodulation (PBM), minoxidil, finasteride, microneedling, and nutraceuticals. The science behind hair care products will also provide practical information that can be used when evaluating choices in this crowded
consumer goods market.
For a complete copy of the program, visit http://26thannual.org/26thannual/. Media interested in attending the meeting can register for complimentary press passes by contacting the ISHRS at [email protected]
Check out the new ISHRS website at www.ishrs.org! Now it’s easier than ever for consumers around the world to find a qualified hair restoration surgeon in their area with the more intuitive “Find a Doctor” feature. Other new and improved functions include easier navigation, updated patient information and resources for treating hair loss, and a mobile-friendly platform.
About the ISHRS
The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) is a global non-profit medical association and the leading authority on hair loss treatment and restoration with more than 1,100 members throughout 70 countries worldwide. Above all, the ISHRS is dedicated to achieving excellence in patient outcomes by promoting the highest standards of medical practice, medical ethics, and research in the medical hair restoration industry. The ISHRS also provides continuing medical education to physicians specializing in hair transplant surgery and is committed to delivering the latest information on medical and surgical treatments to consumers suffering from hair loss, and most commonly from androgenetic alopecia–male pattern baldness and female pattern hair loss. It was founded in 1993 as the first international society to promote continuing quality improvement and education for professionals in the field of hair restoration surgery. For more information and to locate a physician, visit www.ishrs.org.
# # #