Ekrem Civas, MD, FISHRS
Ugur Mumcu Cad. 61/6
Ankara, 6700 - TR
Alternate Address(es) and Contact Information:
Uğur Mumcu Street 61/6 Gaziosmanpasa, 06700 Ankara, Turkey.
Education, ISHRS Fellowship Training Programs, & Board Certifications:
Hair Transplant Training
- 1999 - Established Civas Clinic and took hair transplant training in Istanbul, Turkey
- 2003-2007 - Hair transplant practice in Poland, Canada, New York, Sweden and Spain
- 1999-2006 - FUT practice
- 2006-2015 - FUE and FUT practice
- 2011- First and only Doctor in Turkey to be ABHRS Certified
- 19 years experience
- Over 3500 successful hair restoration surgeries for women and men
- Scientific Research in cosmetic hair restoration for primary and secondary cicatricial alopecia
- 2015 - Attained ISHRS Fellow status (FISHRS) - First and only FISHRS dermatologist in Turkey
- 2009 - Training in Cutera Academy in New York and Barcelona - Laser applications in dermatology
- 2009-2015 - Practice in skin rejuvenation with laser, laser spot treatment, laser wart removal, laser treatment for varicose veins and capillaries, toenail fungus treatment with laser, hair loss treatment with laser and laser hair removal.
- 2001-2015 - Botox and Filler injections and face shaping practice - Botox injections for wrinkles, migraines and excessive sweating.
- Participated in 47 national and international scientific meetings as a speaker and educator
- Published 2 books on hair transplant
- Written 27 scientific articles that have been internationally recognized.
- 22 scientific posters presented in international and national conferences
- ABHRS - 2011
- FISHRS - 2015
1. Editors. Volkerts BD. Yttrium. Compounds, Production and Applications. Authors. Civas E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM. Nd.YAG Laser Treatment for Different Vascular Lesions. Pub. Date. 2010 4th quarter, Binding. Hardcover, Nova Science Publishers, Hauppage, New York, USA. ISBN. 978-1-61728-928-6.
2. Authors / Editors. Civas E, Aksoy B and Aksoy HM. Nd. Yag Laser Treatment for Various Vascular Lesions. Pub. Date. 2010 4th quarter, Binding. Softcover, Nova Science Publishers, Hauppage, New York, USA. ISBN.978-1-61761-099-8.
3. Issue. Editor. Civas E, Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey Special Issue, Ankara, Turkey, 3-4, 2010
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
1. Surgical Treatment of Hair Loss Turkey Clinics J Cosm Dermatol-Special Topics, CIVAS E 2015; 8 (1): 79-82
2. TURKDERM Skin Diseases and Syphilis Archive, “Hair Transplantation Innovations and Applications”, Civas E, 2014; 48 (1): 70-73
3. Special Issue of Cosmetic Dermatology, Turkey Clinics Dermatology Magazine, "Hair Transplantation Innovations, My Personal Experiences / Preferences, Civas E, 2013, Volume 6, No. 4
4. Turkey Clinics Dermatology Magazine, "Hair Diseases" Special iIssue, Hair Transplantation Civas E 2013; 6 (4): 60-2
5. Scalp Blocks in Dermatocosmetic Surgery, Civas E, Turkey Clinics Special Issue "Anesthesia in Cosmetic Applications", 4-4, 19-22, 2011
6. Hair Transplantation with Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Technique, Civas E, Turkey Clinics Special Issue on Hair Transplantation, 3-4, 55-57. 2010.
7. Anesthesia in Hair Transplantation, Turkey Clinics Hair Transplantation Special Issue, Civas E 3-4, 44-47. 2010.
8. Effectiveness of Non-Ablative Three Dimensional (3D) Skin Rejuvenation. A Retrospective Study Involving 46 Patients. Civas E, Aksoy B, Surucu B, Koc E, Aksoy HM. Photomed Laser Surg, 2010, DOI
9. Hair Transplantation For Therapy-Resistant Alopecia Areata Of The Eyebrows. Is It The Right Choice? Civas E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Eski M, Yucel K. J Dermatol 2010.37.823–826
10. Clinical Experience In The Treatment Of Different Vascular Lesions Using A Neodymium-Doped Yttrium Aluminum Garnet Laser. Civaş E, Koç E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM. Dermatol Surg 2009.35.1933-1941
11. Report Of Two Angiokeratoma Of Fordyce Cases Treated With A 1064 Nm Long-Pulsed Nd.YAG Laser. Civas E, Koç E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 2009.25.166-168.
12. Evaluation Of Three Instruments Used In FUE. Civas E, Aksoy HM, Koc E, Aksoy B. Hair Transplant Forum International Jan - Feb 2009. 19. 14-15
13. Redefining Corrective Hair Surgery In Young Patients, Civas E, Journal Of ESHRS, 2008,8,1:14-16
14. Lateral Foldplasty With Or Without Partial Matricectomy For The Management Of Ingrown Toenails. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Oc B, Atakan N. Dermatologic Surgery 2009.35.462-468
15. Nodular Basal Cell Carcinoma With Clinically Involved Large Solitary Trichoepithelioma. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Öç B, Civaş E. General Medical Journal 2009.19.41-44
16. A New Experimental Delayed Wound Healing Model In Rabbits. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civaş E, Ustün H, Atakan N. Eur J Dermatol. 2009 Aug 6.
17. Confetti-Like Macular Atrophy: A New Entity? Berna AKSOY 1 , Hüseyin ÜSTÜN 2 , Rukiye GÜLBAHÇE 2 , Mahi BALCI 3 , Hasan M. AKSOY 4 , Ekrem CIVAS 5 , Nilgün ATAKAN 6 Volume 36 Issue 11, Pages 592–597 Published Online: 29-Oct-2009
18. Nail Debridement Fort He Treatment Of Onychogryposis - Use Of Wire Cutter And Bone Rongeur. Aksoy HM, Aksoy B, Civaş E, Öç B. European Journal Of Plastic Surgery. 2008. 31. 269-270.
19. Basal Cell Carcinoma In A Skin Tag - Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Üstün H, Civaş E, Öç B, Atakan N. European Journal Of Dermatology 2008.18. 605-606.
20. Confluent And Reticulated Papillomatosis, Treatment With Topical Combination Isotretinoin-Erythromycin Gel And Topical Urea - Case Report. Aksoy B, Üstün H, Balcı M, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Atakan N. Türkiye Klinikleri Journal Of Dermatology 2008.18. 283-288.
21. Ineffectiveness of Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra in Topical Cantharidin Treatment. Askoy B, Civas E, Üstün H. Turkish Journal of Dermatology. 2009.3.50-5.
22. Giant Skin Tags Located In The Lower Half Of The Body. A Report Of Two Cases. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Üstün H. Turkey Clinics Journal Of Medical Sciences 2009.29(6).1770-1772.
23. Azithromycin-Induced Onychomadesis - Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Atakan N. European Journal Of Dermatology 2008.18. 362-363.
24. Post-Pemfigus Acanthomata: A Case Report. Aytekin S, Harman M, Civas E, Aktaş M, Derici M. Turk J Dermatopathol 1998; 7:56-58
25. Effect Of Acitretin On Recalcitrant Warts, Mehmet Harman, Sema Aytekin, Sedat Akdeniz, H. Serhat İnalöz, Ekrem Civas, T Klin J Dermatol 1998,8:113-115
1. Hair Transplantation For Therapy Resistant Alopecia Areata Of Eyebrows: Is It The Right Choıce?, E.Civas, B.Aksoy, HM Aksoy, K Yucel, 11-15 November 2009, XIX Prof.Dr.Lutfu Tat Dermatology Symposium, Ankara/Turkey
2. Basal Cell Carcinoma In The Acrochordon, B.Aksoy, H M Aksoy, H.Üstün, E. Civaş, B. Öç, N. Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008, Istanbul / Turkey
3. Successful Treatment of Scrotal Angiokeratoma with 1064-Nm-Long-Pulsed Nd: YAG Laser, E. Civaş, E. Koç, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
4. Effectiveness Of Variable Long-Pulsed Nd: YAG Laser's In The Treatment Of Vascular Lesions Of Varying Difficulty E. Civaş, E. Koç, B. Aksoy, H. Aksoy, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
5. Three-Dimensional Non-Ablative (3D) Skin Rejuvenation: A Retrospective Study Involving 46 Patients, E. Civaş B. Aksoy, B. Sürücu, E.Koç, H.M. Aksoy, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
6. Confetti-Like Macular Atrophy: Atrofoderma Elastolyticum Diskretum's Macular Form or A New Entity? B. Aksoy, H Üstün, R. Gülbahçe, M. Balcı H. M. Aksoy, E.Civaş, N.Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
7. Nail Debridement With Wire Cutters And Bone Rongeurs In The Treatment Of Onicogrifose H. M. Aksoy, E.Civaş, B. Aksoy, B Öç, 22nd National dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 in Konya / Turkey
8. Concurrently Existing Breast Cancer And Unilateral Paget's Disease, B. Aksoy, S. Gökduman, H. Üstün, E. Civas, S. Tez, 22 nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 in Konya
9. Confluent And Reticulated Papillomatosis: Topical Isotretinoin-Erythromycin Combination Gel And Topical Urea Treatment, B. Aksoy, H. Üstün, M. Balcı H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, N. Atakan, The 22nd .National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 Istanbul / Turkey
10. A New Experimental Model Of Chronic Wound Healing Described In Rabbits, B. Aksoy, H. Üstün, M. Balcı H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, N. Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
11. Nodular Basal Cell Carcinoma Clinically Confused With Large Solitary Trichoepithelioma, B. Aksoy, M. Aksoy, B. Öç, E. Civaş, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 in Konya / Turkey
12. Huge Acrochordons Settled On The Lower Half Of The Body: Two Case Reports, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, E. CIVAS, H. Üstün, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
13. Symmetric Biletral Piloleyomiyom Settled In Thighs, B. Aksoy, M. Aksoy, H.Üstü, R. Gülbahçe, M. Balcı, B. Öç, N. Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
14. Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra Topical Cantharidin Treatment, B. Aksoy, E. Civaş, H. Üstün, 22nd National Dermatology Congress 14-18 October 2008, Istanbul / Turkey
15. Confetti –Like Macular Atrophy: Macular Form Of Atrophoderma Elastolyticum Discretum Or A New Entity?, B.Aksoy, H.Üstün, R.Gülbahçe, M.Balcı, H.M.Aksoy, E.Civaş, 5th Eadv Sprıng Symposıum, May 22-25 2008, İstanbul/Turkey
16. Nail Debridement For The Treatment Of Onychogryphosis: Use Of Wire Cutter And Bone Rongeur, B.Aksoy, H.M.Aksoy, E.Civaş, B.Öç, 5th Eadv Sprıng Symposıum,May 22-25 2008,İstanbul/Turkey
17. Confluent And Reticulated Papillomatosis: Treatment With Topical Combination Isotretinoin-Erythromycin Gel And Topical Urea, B. Aksoy, H. Üstün, M. Balcı, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, N. Atakan, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
18. An Experimental Chronic Wound Healing Model In Rabbits, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, H. Üstün, N. Atakan, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
19. A Large Solitary Trichoepithelioma Clinically Confused With Nodular Basal Cell Carcinoma, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
20. Lateral Foldplasty With Or Without Limited Lateral Matrisectomy For The Management Of Ingrown Toenails, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, B. Öç, N. Atakan, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
21. Pulmonary Tuberculosis And Darier’s Disease Report Of An Unusual Case O. Selcuk Sonmez, P. Bayazit, A. Uzundag Iseri, G. Dulkar, Y. Agackiran, E. Civas, Ankara/Turkey
About the Doctor:
I was born in 1971 and graduated from Dicle University Faculty of Medicine in 1993. In 1999, I completed my residency in dermatology. In 2003, while working as a dermatologist at Numune Hospital, I opened my own private office in Gaziosmanpasa district of Ankara. In 2007, I resigned from my duty in Ankara Numune Hospital Dermatology Department.
Since 1999, I have become more interested in Aesthetic Dermatology and Dermatological Surgery and I have received training in Turkey and abroad in order to increase their knowledge and experience.
In the field of hair diseases and hair transplantation, I first worked on basic hair surgery training in Canada and America, and then on sharing experiences and advanced techniques in various clinics in Poland, Sweden and Spain, respectively.
I participated in the trainings organized by the Cutera Academy in 2005 New York and 2007 in Barcelona on varicose veins and laser treatment, laser spot treatment and laser non-surgical skin lifting. In 2009, I published an important scientific study titled N Nd-Yag laser treatment of different vascular lesions ve which was the first in the field, and the book I published on the same subject was published by Nova Publisher in the USA.
Since 2001, I have participated in current international meetings and received trainings on botox and filler applications and face contouring. I have focused on safe and natural injections that integrate with the personalized face.
National and international published 1 book, 4 book chapters, 30 scientific articles and 22 scientific posters are available in 59 national and international congresses, as an educator, speaker and chairman.
In 2011, I received the American Board certificate in the field of hair surgery, and in 2015 I was accepted to the Fellow category in America. I became the first doctor in both countries to receive this title.
I am married and have two children.
ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) Advanced Board Review Course Trainer 2018-
IPSEN-GEN drug Botulinum Toxin applications Educator Doctor 2018-
7th National Dermatological Surgery Congress 2018 Congress Secretariat
Turkish Society of Dermatology Hair Diseases Working Group Executive Committee Member 2016-
Calcium apatite aesthetic fillers Radiesse instructor doctor Turkey 2014-2017
Cutera Aesthetic Laser Company (America), regional consultant physician Middle East-Turkey 2105-
Dermatological Surgery Association Executive Board Member 2014-
Turkish Society of Dermatology Hair Diseases Working Group- 2016-
Turkish Dermatology Society Aesthetic Cosmetic Dermatology Working Group Executive Committee member 2012-2014, 2016-2018
Member of the Executive Committee of the Turkish Society of Dermatology Occupational Problems Working Group 2010-2016
Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 2018-
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 2017-
Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic Turkey advisory board 2016-
Dermatologic Therapy 2019-
He is the first doctor in our country that has been granted FISHRS title by fulfilling the necessary requirements in the field of hair surgery and being accepted to the Fellow category.
He has passed the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery), one of the most renowned diplomas in the field of hair surgery in the world) qualification exam and became the first doctor to receive the American Board diploma in our country. American hair surgery is the first doctor in our country who has the competence to become an academician.
For the first time in the world, FUE has compared 3 different instruments in hair transplantation and it has shed light on the FUE limits and identified the appropriate candidate profile with its study on the detection of follicular unit damage. The study was presented at the ESHRS (European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) Madrid meeting and also published in ISHRS (American Society of Hair Surgery).
The long-term follow-up of hair transplantation in alopecia areata has been accepted as a scientific paper and has made an important contribution to the surgical treatment of these patients.
A large case series study on hair transplantation techniques and case presentations on scalp, beard, eyebrow and mustache scars caused by a burn accident was accepted as a declaration at the congress organized by ISHRS in Boston.
He wrote the chapter Y Nd-yag use in vascular lesions of the book published by Nova Publisher in the USA on the use of Nd-Yag laser.
He was the editor of a “Hair Transplant” special edition of one of the most prestigious scientific medical journal which is published by Turkey Clinic. This publication is considered as the first basic book about Hair Transplant in Turkish.
He was the moderator of the Hair Transplantation Course which was organized for the first time at the XXI Lütfü Tat Congress in dermatology congresses.
Associations of which he is a member;
- The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgeons((ABHRS)
- The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
- European Hair Research Society (EHRS)
- European Academy Of Dermatology And Venereology (EADV)
- The International Society for Dermatologic Surgery( ISDS)
- The Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons (AAHRS)
- Dermatological Surgery Association(DCD)
- Turkish Society of Dermatology(TDD)
- Turkish Medical Association(TTB)
- Ankara Skin and Venereal Diseases Association(ADZHD)
ISHRS Join Year:
ISHRS World Congresses Attended:
- Beards and Moustaches
- Body hair transplantation
- Brow lifting
- Burned scalp reconstruction
- Ethnic hair
- Facelift hair revision
- Female hair restoration surgery
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Medical (non-surgical) management of hair loss for men
- Medical (non-surgical) management of hair loss for women
- Scar revision