Since its inception in 2004, Operation Restore has provided over $915,000 of free hair transplant and expenses for ninety (91) patients suffering from hair loss due to disease or trauma. The Program helps cover travel expenses for patients undergoing these procedures.
OPERATION RESTORE IN ACTION
- ISHRS Operation Restore In Action
- 27-Year-Old Cancer Survivor
- 41-Year-Old Fire Victim
- 11-Year-Old Fire Victim
- Woman with Dermatofibrous sarcoma on the scalp
- Pro Bono Program Fulfills Young Woman’s Dream of Hair Restoration After Life-long Struggle (2017)”
- Volunteer Hair Restoration Physicians Helping Patients Restore Hair Through Unique Pro Bono Program (2016)
- Pro Bono Program Restores Hair and Self-Esteem in Patients in Need (2013)
- Identical Twins Undergo Rare Hair Restoration Surgery with Assistance from Operation Restore Pro Bono Program (2012)
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery’s Pro Bono Program Offers Patients in Need Free Hair Restoration Surgery (2010)
- Pro-Bono Program Goes to Great Lengths to Give Hair Loss Patients Their Hair, Self-Esteem Back (2008)
- ISHRS Announces New Collaboration with the Hair Foundation to Raise Funds for Operation Restore Pro-Bono Program (2008)
Please see the links below for the current application process.
- Applying for the Operation Restore Program – First read Finding the Doctor That’s Right for You
- ISHRS Volunteer Physician Application
- List of Volunteer Physicians
Donations can be made via the ISHRS’s Annual Giving Fund, in which a portion of the proceeds fund Operation Restore. If you prefer your full donation be allocated to Operation Restore, please simply let the staff know when you make your donation.
Kindly make checks payable to “ISHRS – Operation Restore”, or we will not be able to cash the check.
ISHRS Surgeons Who Have Performed Cases
The ISHRS gratefully acknowledges the generosity of the following physicians who have donated their surgical and medical services to Operation Restore, in the past 5 years, 2018-2022.
- Timothy Carman, MD, FISHRS
- Mark DiStefano, MD, FISHRS
- Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FISHRS
- Steven Gabel, MD, FISHRS
- James Harris, MD, FISHRS
- Jerzy Kolasinski, MD, PhD, FISHRS
- Malgorzata Kolenda, MD, PhD, FISHRS
- Tony Mangubat, MD
- Mario Marzola, MBBS
- Robert Niedbalski, DO, FISHRS
- Jae Pak, MD
- William Rassman, MD
- Nicole Rogers, MD, FISHRS
- Daniel Rousso, MD, FISHRS
- Luciana Takada Pontes Arruda, MD
- Robert H. True, MD, MPH, FISHRS
- Robin Unger, MD
- Sara Wasserbauer, MD, FISHRS
Operation Restore Logo
The Operation Restore logo is available for volunteer and donor use.