From the basics in hair restoration surgery to advanced Fellowship training, the ISHRS provides a variety of educational programs and resources to educate physicians on the latest advancements in hair restoration surgery. Many programs offer physicians an opportunity to earn CME credits. The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ISHRS members receive discounted rates to the annual World Congress, World Live Surgery Workshop, and ISHRS Regional Workshops.
The annual World Congress brings together the leading experts in hair restoration surgery from across the globe to provide exceptional medical education. ISHRS members discuss emerging therapies and the latest trends in hair restoration surgery. More than 1,000 medical professionals attend hundreds of sessions taught by worldwide experts. Topics typically include the latest in hair restoration research, updates on surgical and medical techniques to treat hair loss, and important updates and the newest approaches in the field.
Schedule of ISHRS World Congresses
October 21-24, 2020
28th World Congress
Panama City, Panama
October 20-23, 2021
29th World Congress
ISHRS Regional Workshops
March 19-22, 2020
ISHRS Regional Workshop: Cowgirl Hair Loss Workshop – Art & Perfection, Female Hair Loss
Hosted by: Carlos J. Puig, DO, FISHRS
Houston, Texas, USA
For more info: [email protected]
The ISHRS-developed educational products are online materials.
- Hair Loss Diagnosis for the Non-Dermatologist
- Advanced/Board Review Course Recorded Lectures
- Basics in HRS Lecture Series
- Female Hair Loss Diagnosis and Treatment DVD
- ISHRS Cheryl Pomerantz Surgical Assistants Training Resources Center
ISHRS Fellowship Training Programs
The ISHRS Fellowship Training Committee has formalized the Policies, Procedures and Guidelines for ISHRS-recognized Fellowship Training Programs. The Guidelines for programs document and Director/Co-Director applications can be obtained via the links below. It is the intent of the Committee to conduct annual continuing education programs for ISHRS fellowship directors and co-directors as an effort to teach and enhance their skills in teaching adult education.
- ISHRS Director/Co-Director Application Form
- ISHRS Policies Procedures and Guidelines
- ISHRS Standards of Program and Survey Organizer
If you are a physician considering a fellowship in Hair Restoration Surgery, please contact the Director of the program which interests you. Contact information for each director is maintained in the Find a Doctor search.
ISHRS Approved Fellowship Training Directors:
- Marc R. Avram, MD, New York, NY, USA
- Francisco Jimenez, MD, FISHRS, Canary Islands, Spain
- Matt L. Leavitt DO, Maitland, FL, USA
- Parsa Mohebi, MD, FISHRS, Encino, CA, USA
- Damkerng Pathomvanich, MD, FISHRS, Bangkok, Thailand
- Carlos J. Puig, DO, FISHRS, Houston, TX, USA
- Marwan Saifi, MD, FISHRS, Wroclaw, Poland
- Robin Unger, MD, New York, NY, USA
General questions may be directed to the FTP Chair, Carlos J. Puig, DO, FISHRS
The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery developed the Core Curriculum in Hair Restoration Surgery. It was originally published in Dermatologic Surgery, January 2006 [ISSN: 1076-0512, Dermatol Surg 2006;32:86–90, DOI: 10.1111j1524-4725.2006.32010].
The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery developed the Core Competencies in Hair Restoration Surgery. It was originally published in Dermatologic Surgery, March 2009 [ISSN: 1076-0512 _ Dermatol Surg 2009;35:425–428 _ DOI: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.2008.