Chair: Samuel M. Lam, MD, FISHRS | USA
Co-chair: Georgios Zontos MD, FISHRS | Greece
The 2021 Advanced/Board Review Course offers a comprehensive curriculum aimed at two audiences:
- Practitioners who want to do well on the written and oral ABHRS exams
- Intermediate/advanced hair surgeons who wants to learn sophisticated and new techniques
The online course includes 25 authoritative lecture videos on advanced-level hair restoration surgery topics. Created for the 2020 course, these lectures will be available on demand to 2021 participants. Topics include alopecia, patient selection and donor area, recipient area planning, ethics, emergencies and complications. New for 2021, a series of video lectures delving further into advanced topics has been added.
Participants will also gain valuable information about the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery certification and application process, the written exam and the oral exam. For the first (and perhaps only) time, the ABHRS Exam will take place entirely online in fall 2021, saving participants travel time and expense.
Next, participants can test their aptitude with two all-new live sessions of mock oral and written exams. Led by our expert faculty of former ABHRS exam takers and administrators, these sessions will take participants through the exam process, and pose a number of sample written exam questions and oral exam cases, which will be different than those presented in 2020. The ABHRS written exam has been fundamentally changed, and it is important to learn about this new format.
Two live sessions will be held several months apart so participants can gauge their learning progress and refresh their test-taking skills just prior to the exam. Dates are as follows:
- Saturday/May 15 at 8:00 AM CDT/Chicago (time zone conversion)
- Saturday/August 21 at 8:00 AM CDT/Chicago (time zone conversion)
Also included with the course are recordings of the 2020 live mock exam sessions.
Don’t miss this opportunity to sharpen your critical-thinking and test-taking skills, as well as learn valuable information, tips and techniques from many of the top hair restoration surgeons around the world.
Cost: $299 USD for ISHRS Members / $349 for ISHRS Pending Members/ $399 for Non ISHRS Members
Access to the 2021 course will be made available to those who participated in the 2020 course (re-registration not required)
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what the ABHRS is, what is stands for, and how it can help Diplomates
- General principles of hair restoration Surgery
- Donor area, recipient sites, grafts
- Hair loss diagnosis and pathology
- Scalp Reductions, flaps, extensions, and expansions
- Emergency situations and interventions
- Anatomy, histology and physiology of scalp and hair
- Pharmacology and medical treatment of Alopecia
- Ethics in hair restoration
- Follicular Unit Excision
- Listtheoverallpercentageofquestionsfromeachcontentcategoryusedto create thewrittenexam