This didactic course bundle is a self-paced, online learning program for those who are new to the field of Hair Restoration Surgery, as well as those who are interested in a refresher. It is the perfect way to learn about the comprehensive aspects of hair restoration from the comfort of your home or office.
It will take you from the foundation of this specialty, through the principles of hair loss consultation and hairline design, to assessing donor and recipient areas. This course will also empower you to build a strong and balanced practice around the core knowledge and skills of both Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Excision (FUE), which you will acquire from the most seasoned and knowledgeable international faculty. The faculty will show you how hair transplantation combines both artistry and technology to improve the lives of patients, and inspire you so that one day you may lead the way forward for future generations of hair restoration experts. The overall emphasis is to provide basic and core skills essential for the practice of safe, esthetically sound hair restoration surgery.
We encourage all newcomers to also enroll in the ISHRS Basics Hands-on Course offered in conjunction with the ISHRS World Congress. It can be taken alone or paired with the Basics Hands-On Course at the ISHRS World Congress.
• 4 days of recorded Zoom lectures with the Q&A and discussions from the August 2021 online Basics Course – total of 65 lectures
• Full Basics Lecture Series online learning product developed by the ISHRS CME Committee – 24 lectures
• Bonus: full bibliography and emergency preparedness supplemental handouts
Our Faculty is Here for You:
• At any time if you have questions, you are encouraged to reach out to any of the faculty.
• Although this is a recorded product, our faculty are here to help you in real time. We want you to succeed. We want you to provide the best, safest, and highest-quality patient care.
Lecture Topic Areas:
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Hair Cycling and Genetics
• Medical Treatments
• Hair Loss Classification and Diagnosis
• Male Hairline Design
• Female Hairline Design
• Crown Design
• Anesthesia and Hemostasis
• Donor Area Assessment and Planning
• Donor Harvesting
-FUE (many instruments, devices, and methods)
-Fundamentals of FUT, Trichophytic closure, and more
• Graft Preparation and Storage
• Principles of Recipient Sites: Planning and Distribution
• Recipient Site Prep and Graft Placement
– Forceps Placement
• Flaps, Reductions, Lifts
• Office Emergency Preparedness
• Office Design and Ergonomic Work Stations
• Staff Training Process
• Challenging Cases
Cost: $299 USD for ISHRS members / $349 for ISHRS pending members / $449 for Non ISHRS members
Certificates: No certificates will be issued for participation in this education bundle.