Akaki Tsilosani, MD, PhD, FISHRS
LocationTsilosani Hair Transplant Clinic
1, Tchiaureli Exit
Phone: 995 599565788
1) Tsilosani, A. Surguladze, B., Morpho-Functional Condition of Blood Cells After D-bridement Abdominal Cavity With Magnetite Suspesion. Release of Academia of Medical Science of Georgia
2) Tsilosani, A., Kandiashvili, E., Compressive-Haemostatic Method in Large Hair Transplant Sessions. Georgian Medical News, 2003 #8.
3) Tsilosani, A., Motskobili, L., Tamazashvili, T., Grafts Dehydratation and Warming During Implantation. Georgian Medical News, 2003 #11.
4) Tsilosani, A., Vadachkoria, V., Gugava, M., Kandiashvili, E., Tamazashvili, T., Peculiarities of Donor Closure in Large Hair Transplant Session. Georgian Medical News, 2004 #1.
5) Motskobili, L., Tsilosani, A., Makharashvili, A., Tamazhvili, T., Morphological Changes of Grafts During the Process of Implantation. Georgian Medical News, 2004 #2.
6) Tsilosani, A., Gugava, M., Tamazashvili, T., Grafts Density and Survival. Aesthetic Medicine, 2004 #3. 7) Tsilosani, A., Viability of Transected Follicles. Georgian Medical News, 2004 #6.
8) Tsilosani, A., Gugava, M., Tamazashvili, T., Can The Compression Still Be Considered as a Primary Cause of Decreased Graft Survival?. Georgian Medical News. 2004 #6
9) Tsilosani, A., Gugava, M., Tamazashvili, T., One-Layer Closure Versus Two-Layer Closure in Large Hair Transplant Sessions – A Biomechanical Approach. Georgian Medical News. 2004 #8.
10) Tsilosaini, A., Is There a Rationale for Antibiotics Used in Hair Transplantation Surgery?. Georgian Medical News. 2005 #7 11) Tsilosani, A., The Ideal Wound Closure in Large Hair Transplantation Surgery. Annals of Surgery 2006 #3
12) Tsilosani, A., Container Method in Hair Transplant Mega sessions. Georgian Medical News. 2005 #11
13) Tsilosani, A., FOX Grafts Survival. Georgian Medical News. 2006 #1
14) Tsilosani, A., Seeking “Perfect” Method of Local Anesthesia for Hair Transplantation. Annals of Surgery. 2006 #4.
15) Tsilosani, A., Tamazashvili, T., Sviridova, N., Singular Method – Method for Obtaining of Individual Follicular Units Directly from the Donor Areas with Minimal Transaction. Annals of Surgery. 2007 #1.
16) Tsilosani, A., Mshvenieradze, E., Donor Supply of Scalp and Specificities of Hair Transplantation in Asians. Georgian Medical News. 2008 #7
17)Tsilosani,A. Controversy: Two Mega Sessions (2500 FUs) Versus One Giga Session (5000 FUs). Presented on ISHRS 17th Annual Scientific Meeting, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. 23 July 2009.
18) Tsilosani, A,. One hundred follicular unites transplanted into 1 cm2 can aceave a survival rate greater then 90%. Hair Transplant Forum International, 2009, Volume 19, Number 1, p 1,6.
19) Tsilosani, A,. Expanding graft numbers combining strip and FUE in the same session: effect linear wound closure forces. Hair Transplant Forum International, 2010, Volume 20, Number 4, p122,123.
About the Doctor
Akaki Tsilosani was born in Tbilisi, Georgia in 1966. Graduated Tbilisi State Medical University in 1989. After passing residency in the department of General Surgery of Tbilisi 4th Clinical Hospital, he worked as general surgeon in several clinics of different regions of Georgia.
Since 1999 he works in the field of hair transplant surgery and already performed more than 10 000 hair transplant procedures. He is author of 22 scientific works and 6 inventions in the field of hair transplantation. During 2002-2010, Dr. Tsilosani was more concentrating on specializing in performing FUT giga sessions and dense packing. In 2008 he reached the density – 100 FUs in 1 cm2 without decreasing the survival rate (92%). In 2012 he performed record breaking giga session – 9688 follicular units (grafts) transplantation in single, 11 hour FUT session. Trying to maximize the donor supply, in 2006 Dr. Tsilosani has started combining FUT and FUE methods. With Robert True and Marcio Crisostomo he is named as a pioneer in combination of FUT and FUE. In 2010 he was the first in Europe who started Long Hair Transplantation, which nowadays is the significant part of his private practice.
Akaki Tsilosani MD, PhD is the member of Georgian Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgery.
He is married and has 3 children.
ISHRS Join Year
ISHRS World Congresses Attended
- Body hair transplantation
- Brow lifting
- Burned scalp reconstruction
- Ethnic hair
- Facelift hair revision
- Follicular Unit Excision (FUE)
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Medical (non-surgical) management of hair loss for men
- Medical (non-surgical) management of hair loss for women
- Scalp reduction
- Scar revision