Damkerng Pathomvanich, MD, FISHRS
408/138 Phaholyotin Place Bldg., Floor 32nd
Phaholyotin Road, Phyathai
Bangkok, 10400 - TH
Alternate Address(es) and Contact Information:
Education, ISHRS Fellowship Training Programs, & Board Certifications:
ISHRS Golden Follicle Award, 2010ABHRS 2003-2013, Retired
Practical Aspects Of Hair Transplantation In Asians, Chief-editor Springer, 2018 Hair Restoration Surgery In Asians, Chief-editor Springer, 2010
- Hair Transplant 360, “Oral Minoxidil”, edited by Sam Lam
- Donor Harvesting: Open Technique, Hair Transplantation, 5th edition, Co-editors Shapiro R., Unger M., Unger R., 2011
- Donor Harvesting “skin hook technique” Hair Transplantation, Co-editors Shapiro R., Unger M., Unger R., 2011
- Hair transplantation in Asians", Hair transplantation edited by Robert S Haber and Dowling B Stough, 2006
- Hair transplantation in the Asian population: Hair Replacement Surgical and Medical;Dow Stough,Robert Haber p201-205.1996
About the Doctor:
Dr. Pathomvanich is a Board Certified General Surgeon with a one year fellowship in cosmetic surgery at the Cosmetic Surgery Center in Little Rock, Arkansas (recognized by AACS). Furthermore, he has also had additional training in Hair Restoration Surgery at Stough Medical Associates.
Dr. Pathomvanich settled his Hair Restoration practice "DHT CLINIC" in Bangkok, Thailand in 1989. To date, he is widely published, in the field of Hair Transplantation, in medical journals and text books, and has been invited as a guest speaker in numerous Medical Schools in Bangkok and throughout Asia.
He was honored as a ‘Pioneer’ posted in the Hair Forum International for his work in donor harvesting to minimize follicular transection. His technique is well known as the ‘Open Technique’. He is also the first pioneer that brought in state-of-the-art hair restoration surgery to Thailand. He practises in the preservation of hair follicles during donor harvesting -through careful dissection under magnification, since the donor hair is limited; and uses the same scar on subsequent session.
He has been performing ‘Refined Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation Technique both FUT and FUE’, in which the surgeon, along with assistant doctors and surgical assistants, meticulously create natural hairline, select donor area, and proceed every steps in the procedure with utmost care in order to achieve the best outcome for our patients.
He is proud of his team of 4RNs and 8 Tech. Dr. Pathomvanich understands the differences between Oriental hair and Caucasian hair, and has modified his techniques to achieve good and natural results in the Asian.
The clinic uses Binocular Stereoscopic Dissecting Microscope to prepare Follicular units and minigrafts. The session varied from all follicular unit hair transplantations to mix grafts pending on careful analysis of the patient hair and pattern baldness at the time of consultation. Most patients are very satisfied after 2 to 3 sessions.
ISHRS Join Year:
ISHRS World Congresses Attended:
- Beards and Moustaches
- Body hair transplantation
- Ethnic hair
- Facelift hair revision
- Female hair restoration surgery
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Medical (non-surgical) management of hair loss for men
- Medical (non-surgical) management of hair loss for women
- Scar revision