FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WORLD’S LEADING HAIR AUTHORITY HOSTS PREMIER EDUCATIONAL GATHERING WITH EXPERT PANELS AND LIVE SURGERIES
ISHRS hosts 27th World Congress and World Live Surgery Workshop in Bangkok, Thailand, November 13-17, 2019.
CHICAGO, IL. – October 9, 2019. Having achieved the prestigious designation “Accreditation with Commendation” from the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) will host its 27th World Congress and World Live Surgery Workshop featuring pioneers in the field of hair restoration poised to shape the future of this growing medical specialty.
This five-day conference will be held November 13-17, 2019, at the Shangri-La Bangkok Hotel and King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand, and is expected to draw nearly 1,000 physicians and their surgical assistants seeking to expand their knowledge of the latest medical and surgical hair restoration therapies.
Meeting participants also can participate in the one-of-a-kind World Live Surgery Workshop, coined the “Triple Crown” of live surgery workshops for featuring three prominent techniques in hair restoration — FUT Strip (Follicular Unit Transplantation), FUE (Follicular Unit Excision) and SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation). The live surgeries will take place in six different state-of-the-art operating rooms and stream live to a moderated Audience Theater Room, with demonstrations of different modalities of excision, recipient site making, and implantation in both males and females. Hands-on practice in SMP techniques also will be available to participants on synthetic models.
“The explosive growth in hair restoration surgery in recent years is a testament to the highly refined techniques and training that when performed by qualified, trained physicians can produce exceptional results,” said Robin Unger, MD (New York, NY), program chair of the 2019 ISHRS World Congress. “This meeting features world-renown experts in all aspects of medical and surgical hair restoration, and the array of hands-on courses, workshops, live surgeries and sessions offer unmatched educational opportunities for practitioners of all skill and experience levels.”
The program includes internationally recognized keynote speakers, including:
- Thomas L. Dawson, Jr., PhD (Singapore) — “Optimizing Hair Health”
- Ramon Grimalt, MD (Spain) — “Managing Androgenetic Alopecia with Medical Therapy” and “Platelet-Rich Plasma for the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia”
- Ohsang Kwon, MD, PhD (Korea) — “Allogeneic Hair Transplantation: Current Status”
- Janet L. Nelson, MS, ACSM (USA) — “Will Performing Hair Transplant Surgeries Cripple You? Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) Symptoms, Causes and Treatment”
While the meeting’s sessions and workshops will cover a wide array of topics ranging from new research in Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and regenerative (stem) cell therapies to the latest in body hair transplantation, participants will have ample opportunity for spirited discussion and interaction with faculty to enhance their educational experience. A sampling of the hot topics to be presented at the ISHRS World Congress includes:
- Allogeneic Hair Transplantation presents a novel approach to treating hair loss with obtaining hair follicles from another donor. While transplanting hair from one person to another would seem like a logical solution for those without ample donor hair of their own, the harsh immunosuppressive drugs that would be required made this option unrealistic. Now, new in vivo research on mice shows promise as a possible future therapy for hair loss.
- Scalp micropigmentation is a relatively new procedure using ink or pigment to create the illusion of shaved hair, stubble, or greater density in areas with hair loss or that requires augmentation. Distinguished faculty will address how this method is gaining popularity with hair restoration surgeons for its versatility in complementing surgical outcomes.
- Regenerative (stem) cells have an emerging role in many fields of medicine and in just the past few years there has been an increased interest in this therapy for hair loss. Both known and potential future indications and aspects of different stem cell therapies will be discussed.
- Hair health can be influenced by many factors, including hair care products, hormonal and nutritional supplements and diet. With so many choices available and a myriad of products touting their benefits in promoting healthy hair, it can be difficult for consumers to make educated choices. A leading panel of experts will examine the science behind these claims.
About the ISHRS
The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) is a global non-profit medical association and the leading authority on hair loss treatment and restoration with more than 1,200 members throughout 70 countries worldwide. Above all, the ISHRS is dedicated to achieving excellence in patient outcomes by promoting the highest standards of medical practice, medical ethics, and research in the medical hair restoration industry. The ISHRS also provides continuing medical education to physicians specializing in hair transplant surgery and is committed to delivering the latest information on medical and surgical treatments to consumers suffering from hair loss, and most commonly from androgenetic alopecia–male pattern baldness and female pattern hair loss. It was founded in 1993 as the first international society to promote continuing quality improvement and education for professionals in the field of hair restoration surgery. For more information and to locate a physician, visit www.ishrs.org. Follow ISHRS on Twitter @ISHRS and Instagram @ISHRS.